OPIN Adoption Process
Pet Adoption Info
Once you have selected the pet you wish to bring into your home forever:
- Fill out the appropriate application form.
- We will review your application and do a home check.
- Upon approval, we will schedule a time time for you to sign the necessary paperwork and to pay the adoption fee, and we will and give you a Welcome Kit, including two private sessions with our trainer.
Which Form Do I Use?
- If the pet has "(OPIN)" next to his name on our Adoptable Pets page, please fill out the online OPIN Dog Adoption Application. or OPIN Cat Adoption Application.
- If the pet has "(Courtesy)" next to her name, please use the contact info on that profile. Courtesy pets are with other rescues or families; OPIN is helping spread the word on their behalf.
For OPIN pets, there is suggested $300 adoption donation that goes toward offsetting the cost of spay/neuter surgery, rabies/distemper/parvo/bordetella vaccines, microchipping, behavior assessment, training, and boarding costs. All donations above this amount are greatly appreciated, as our costs per pet are much greater than the suggested adoption donation. In addition, we rely on donations to be able to support pets with special medical needs and new pets in need of foster homes.